Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Facebook
Ravengirl Designs on Facebook

Monday, September 8, 2014

Magical Raku Blossom Necklace


Long Magatamas, Miyuki Black R MA #401FR
8/0 Miyuki Black OPR MA #401FR
11/0 Miyuki Gunmetal
15/0 Miyuki Gunmetal
6m Glass Pearls Orchid
4m Swarovski Bicones Amethyst AB

This is my tweaked version of the "Magical Magatamas" pattern from Smadar's Treasures which you can purchase it HERE.  Even being a newbie Beader, I found the instructions easy to follow.  The only tricky part was lining up the Magatamas in the proper direction so they created the pretty blossoms.  Being new to beading, I originally made this necklace with Nymo thread ... what a disaster that was!  I threaded 6 yards on the needle so you can just imagine the tangles and knots I had to deal with!  I was in a total frenzy and finally gave up ... until a few days later when I discovered the joys of using Fireline!  It was just amazing what a difference it made in the beading process ... no more tangled knots, even when I threaded on 6 yards!  Yes .. I know it's easier to deal with shorter lengths, but I live dangerously!

I changed the original pattern by only making 15 blossoms on the necklace instead of 31 blossoms. It was a budget consideration since I was making 10 of these for Bridesmaids.


I originally made up 2 color versions to match the Bridesmaid's gowns.  I really liked the look of the Glavanized Silver Long Magatamas with the Purple Glass Pearls, but the client thought the Black was more dramatic and unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment